Statement on Coronavirus/COVID-19

In light of current developments pertaining to COVID-19 (coronavirus), we are adamant in maintaining public safety with our arts programming in Historic Filipinotown.

Because we expect an intimate turnout of less than 10 attendees, we plan to still have our DIY Papermaking workshop by John DeCastro. Our team will be diligent about practicing thorough hygiene before, during, and after the workshop. Hand sanitizer will be made readily available and soap will be provided for handwashing. To maintain an accurate headcount until capacity, you may register here before 11:59 pm tonight. 

If you are experiencing flu-like symptoms, we kindly ask that you rest at home. If symptoms become worse, seek appropriate medical care. We advise that people who are immunosuppressed be particularly proactive about the risks involved.

As recommended by the California Department of Public Health, we strongly encourage the following practices:

  • Stay home if you are sick.
  • Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
  • Avoid touching your eyes, nose, mouth and face.
  • Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and throw the tissue away immediately.
  • Limit close contact with people who are sick – practice social distancing of six feet.
  • Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.

Considering how the livelihood of independent artists has been impacted due to the cancellation of activities, we greatly appreciate a $5-10 suggested donation, whether you are attending the workshop or not. A majority of the proceeds will go to our workshop facilitator. Donations are tax deductible and accepted at @thesundayjump on Venmo.

As a community-based organization, our team is dedicated to ensure your safety and wellness, provide access to resources, and immediately inform you about any postponements or cancellations for the rest of the season including our open mics, workshops, and special events. 

At this time, our open mic on April 5th is still happening but we are continuing to monitor the situation. Should recommendations to cancel events with groups of 50 or more continue into next month, we will act accordingly and cancel the open mic.

Further resources are listed below:

For any questions, thoughts, or concerns, please contact us at

With love,
Sunday Jump Team